I don’t know what I want to do exactly with December just yet but here’s my general thoughts.
Instead of learning a new habit this month, I’m going to reinforce the first two I learned in the 7 Habits. Pro activity and planning ahead.
I’m going to play Sanctum in Co-op. I bought the game for him over the Thanks Giving Sales on steam and I’m hoping it can allow us to bond a little, which is harder to do these days.
It is that time off month where I recollect my monthly accomplishments, as you can probably tell by now, I love to use YouTube to learn new things
- Learned to sing the Vietnam anthem: Fortunate Son and learned the lyrics of 50 Cent’s My buddy (so I can say it as I walking down the hallway). I also love Epic Rap Battles. I learned the one with Freddy Mercury shouting at Frank Sinatra.
- Learned to dance the Dougie, albeit a bit stilted and stuttered
- Finished reading the Hobbit. Reminded me how much I loved fantasy and how much a genius J.R.Tolkein is. Modern classic.
- Completed the Anthony Horowitz Horror Collection. The book scared me twice in its 500-some pages.
- Read and sorta applied Habit 2 of “The Seven Habits of a highly effective Teenager.”
Today marks the end of my experiments on shorter more compact daily stories. I tried them Monday to Wednesday with varying results. Generally, I got more likes, which is good.
Days really seem to be flying away. My brother had been on a school trip this week allowing me to make full use of my speakers. He returns tomorrow.
I am having those days where you can do a lot, but you don’t feel like you accomplished anything. You still feel…unproductive, and empty.
My brother has finally returned from Lijiang! I missed him lots :). He comes in, and after a quick greeting he turns on his computer and plays some dubstep…
Today was more productive than yesterday by a huge margin. I did some math, read and generally felt like I was doing something useful.
School was very relaxed. I only think I had one period of light weight work. The rest of it was just an easing in. We watched game trailers all Chinese, played charades in English and played Dodge ball in P.E. A good start to a laid back weekend.
My exercise has gone well this month. Despite failing to do it on one day ( and thus breaking the chain) and the colder weather, I have been able to exercise well this month.
There are improvements across the board, but there is more immediate change in my upper torso (shoulders, chest and arms). I try to fit in 15 push ups into each repetition and have begun to do ten in the morning and ten at night. I have also introduced a rule that allows me to take 1 day off. I should use this only if I need it, rather than an excuse to loaf off.
Next month I will:
- Do exercise according to the “repeat until failure rule”
- Do 4 reps if I’m feels brave
- Evaluate if its time to move into intermediate workouts
Easy flowing beats with relaxing and soulful vocals
My friend showed me this video when we were supposed to be studying for ICT. I died.